My husband and I have a regular tradition of going on date nights. Sometimes we budget extra if we know there’s something going on that will cost a bit more than usual, but we are always on the lookout for inexpensive date night ideas! So here is a list of our top 15 ideas for a date night that won’t break the bank!
- Head for the water. Go to the beach, try fishing, or rent a canoe for a few hours.
- Go for coffee. Set some ground rules, like no talking about the kids or work, and reconnect over a cup of your favorite brew.
- Check out some local happenings, like an art or vintage car show, or a book reading.
- Attend an event at a nearby college or university. Sometimes they have lectures, comedy shows or plays that you can attend for a small fee or even for free.
- Go play outside! Try biking, hiking, skating, or sledding, depending on the season!
- Pick berries or apples at a nearby farm. Then head home and bake a pie together…delicious!
- Invite some friends over for a fancy, dress-up cocktail party! This may not be just for the two of you, but who doesn’t love getting dressed up and spending the evening with good friends?
- Do something adventurous that you’ve never done before, like whitewater rafting or zip-lining! It may be a little more on the expensive side but it’s a ton of fun!
- Go to the drive-in (and maybe make out a little). When was the last time you were at the drive-in? While you’re there play on the swings or do a bit of stargazing, just like when you were kids.
- Stay at home and play cards or board games, or try your hand at darts or billiards, if you have the equipment.
- Go to a pro-sports game and sit in the nosebleeds. Tickets aren’t expensive when you sit up near the top, and you’ll love the experience!
- Jump in the car and go for a drive. Pack a picnic and stop somewhere scenic for lunch.
- Have an Xbox/Playstation/Wii marathon. Go head-to-head at Super Mario or a racing game.
- Take a class together. There are lots of options available, from cooking to dancing to pottery. Choose one you’ll both enjoy and learn something new!
- Is the fair or the circus in town? Go on some rides and eat some cotton candy. You might even bring home a prize if you win at one of the games!
So there you have it! Do you and your spouse go on regular date nights? Let me know if you have any other ideas to add to the list!